Cristiano Ronaldo Donates his €600,000 Champions League Win Bonus to Charity
Cristiano Ronaldo is the best Soccer player in the world. (in my opinion)
He puts 110% effort on the field and with the same dedication he helps people that are in need.
In 2014, Cristiano Ronaldo was asked to donate his cleats for a charity auction benefitting a 10-month-old child suffering from a brain disorder. Instead of just giving his cleats, he decided to also give him a signed jersey, and he quietly wrote a check to pay for all of his operations. (Total of $83,000 dollars)
His generosity doesn’t stop there… according to Spanish journalist Pipi Estrada (via the Irish Independent), Cristiano Ronaldo donated his entire Champions League win bonus—some €600,000—to charity.
What a dude!
Fun facts about Cristiano Ronaldo:
- Ronaldo was expelled from his school at the age of 14.
- Ronaldo signed a contract with Real Madrid that made him the highest paid football player in the world.
- Ronaldo makes more than President Barack Obama
- Ronaldo also does not smoke or drink alcohol as his father died at the age of 52 from alcoholism and he also deems it will affect his playing.
- In 2003 Manchester United signed Ronaldo and paid him £12 million, a record amount for a player his age… he was 18.